ENTEC Training Expertise
In line with the vision of 2030 and the requirements of the National Transition Plan 2020, the Council of Ministers issued a ministerial decision requiring establishment of environmental protection units in all facilities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
In this context We are pleased to offer our clients a package of training programs to suit the various requirements to promote the environmental performance to keep abreast of the development in the laws and legislation of environmental protection in the Kingdom.
ENTEC’s have alliances with leading providers of globally recognised environmental management and sustainability training, our trainers are professional climate and environmental consultants, who also advise companies on environmental compliance, strategy and implementation. This unique position allows us to bring the training to life through a broad range of real world examples and ensures keeping abreast of all current issues in the field.
Our international accreditations include the following IOSH, ISO & IOA.
The following courses are the gold standard for environmental management and sustainability training. These courses are proposed as they provide comprehensive professional development from an entry level position through to becoming a senior manager in the area, along with the right level of skills and knowledge throughout the workforce to deliver an effective sustainability strategy.
Accredited Training Courses
The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is the world’s leading health and safety training and accreditation body. As the only Chartered body for Health and Safety professionals, IOSH qualifications are recognised the world over.
Available IOSH training courses cover health and safety issues such as:
· Accident prevention
· Construction industry safety
· Safe working
· Safety for senior executives.
1. IOSH managing safely (4 days)
This four-day accredited safety training programme will give delegates the knowledge they need to help ensure safety in the workplace and prevent accidents. It is designed for managers and supervisors with responsibility for people or processes and will provide a basic, but broad and sound understanding of current health and safety requirements and principles.
· Responsibilities and accountabilities - requirements of managers with regard to health and safety
· Legal requirements - health and safety law
· Risk assessment - key steps and control strategies
· Health and safety management systems - benefits and key elements
· Accident causation and investigation – root cause and human factors
· Hazards in the workplace – identification and control
· Monitoring – using active and reactive measures to monitor health and safety performance
· Protecting the environment – controlling pollution and waste.
2. IOSH managing safely in construction (5 days)
This course is designed for those managing site construction safety. It will provide delegates with the practical health and safety knowledge, legal awareness, and the skills needed to handle health and safety issues on site. The course will cover the Construction Design and Management Regulations (CDM) 2015 and provide a clear understanding of managers' new duties in controlling principal contractors and designers, as well as other contractors or designers.
· Risk management
· Permits to work and method statements
· Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
· CDM 2015
· Confined spaces
· Construction equipment and hazards
· Lifting operations
· Management systems
· Scaffolding, excavations and demolition
· Fire precautions and prevention
· Electrical hazards
· Occupational health risks.
3. IOSH managing safely refresher (1 day)
This one-day refresher course is designed for delegates who have attended the IOSH managing safely programme within the past three years, to provide a valuable update of health and safety legislation and best practice. Managers and supervisors can update their skills and knowledge by attending this one-day course, rather than repeating the full four-day IOSH managing safely course.
· Changes in legislation guidance and best practice over the last three years
· Recap on key management responsibilities covered in the managing safely course.
4. IOSH safety for senior executives (1 day)
IOSH safety for senior executives enables directors and senior executives operating at policy and strategic levels within all business sectors to reduce risk and liability. The course will equip them with an understanding of their health and safety role, compliance issues and best practice to avoid costly accidents, litigation and reputational damage.
· Introduction to health and safety issues
· Major accidents
· The health and safety role and responsibilities of senior executives
· Key legal aspects
· Accident Prevention
· Effective proactive management of health and safety
This Institute of Acoustics (IOA) certified course enables people to carry out environmental noise assessments and devise effective company noise management programmes. It provides delegates with a basic knowledge of the methodology of environmental noise measurement, including the accurate use of sound level meters and analysers.
1. IOA certificate in environmental noise measurement (5 days)
The course will show delegates how to:
· conduct environmental noise measurements in and around the workplace
· make reliable measurements of background noise
· present and interpret measurement data
· advise on noise control techniques.
Delegates are required to bring a scientific calculator, but EEF can provide if given prior notice. Delegates may also like to bring their own noise measuring equipment, but this is not required.